Best Solar Companies in Kenya.
What are the Best Solar Companies in Kenya?
Several top solar companies in Kenya offer high-quality solar solutions. Here are some of the best solar companies in Kenya:
- Solargen Power Limited – This Company sells and distributes solar equipment and provides affordable and reliable installation services for solar equipment. It is located in Nairobi.
- Go Solar Systems Ltd – This is a renewable energy solutions company that deals with solar systems, power backup systems, solar hot water systems, and wind-powered equipment. It is located in Nairobi.
- Lean Energy Solutions – This Company provides energy-efficient solutions, including solar panels and solar water heating systems. It is located in Nairobi.
- PowerPoint Systems Ltd – This Company specializes in the design, importation, distribution, and installation of electrical and solar systems. It is located in Nairobi.
- M-Kopa Solar Kenya – This Company provides off-grid solar solutions to homes and businesses in Kenya. It is located in Nairobi.
- Ofgen Energy Limited – This Company specializes in the turnkey construction of photovoltaic solar plants on a commercial and industrial level. It is located in Nairobi.
- Solarworks East Africa Ltd – This Company sells and supplies solar equipment and offers containerized solar installation services. It is located in Nairobi.
- Solinc East Africa Ltd – This Company specializes in the supply and installation of solar water heating systems. It is located in Naivasha.
- Suntech Power Limited – This Company sells and offers installation services for solar street lighting, solar power and lighting, solar water heating systems, solar water pumping, and grid-tie and hybrid solar. It is located in Nairobi.
- Plexus Energy – This Company specializes in the supply and installation of solar panels and energy-efficient solutions. It is located in Nairobi.
- M-Kopa Solar: M-Kopa Solar is a solar company that provides affordable solar power to households and businesses in Kenya. They offer solar home systems and payment plans that make it easy for people to access clean and reliable energy.
- Azuri Technologies: Azuri Technologies is a company that provides pay-as-you-go solar home systems to off-grid households in Kenya. Their solar home systems come with a range of appliances and can be paid for using mobile money.
- d.light: d.light is a solar company that provides affordable solar products to people in rural areas of Kenya. They offer a range of solar lanterns, home systems, and other products that are designed to provide reliable lighting and energy for households.
- SunCulture: SunCulture is a company that provides solar-powered irrigation systems for smallholder farmers in Kenya. Their systems are designed to help farmers increase their crop yields and incomes, while also reducing their reliance on fossil fuels.
How to Choose a Solar Panel?
Choosing the right solar panel is important to ensure the efficiency and longevity of your solar energy system. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a solar panel:
- Solar Panel Cost: Solar panel cost is an important consideration when choosing a solar panel. Higher cost doesn’t always mean better quality, so it’s important to consider other factors as well.
- Solar Panel Quality: Solar panel quality is a critical factor to consider. High-quality panels will perform better and last longer than lower-quality ones. Look for panels that have been tested and certified by reputable organizations.
- Energy Efficiency: The energy efficiency of a solar panel is an important factor to consider. It determines the amount of electricity that can be produced from the panel for a given amount of sunlight. Higher efficiency panels will produce more power in a smaller area.
- Temperature Coefficient: Temperature coefficient is a measure of how well the panel performs in high temperatures. Higher temperature coefficients mean the panel will lose efficiency at higher temperatures.
- Durability: Durability is an important factor to consider when choosing a solar panel. Panels should be able to withstand harsh weather conditions and last for many years.
- Size: The size of the panel you need will depend on your energy requirements and the amount of space available for installation.
- Types of Solar Cells Used: The types of solar cells used in a panel can affect its efficiency and durability. Monocrystalline cells are the most efficient but are also the most expensive.
Polycrystalline cells are slightly less efficient but are more affordable. Thin-film cells are the least efficient but are also the most affordable and flexible.
By considering these factors, you can choose a solar panel that is best suited for your needs and budget. It’s important to work with a reputable solar panel installer who can help you choose the right panel for your specific situation.