In BOQ, all the items or components which will be used in the project are mentioned with their quantities and estimated costs. Thus we get a fair idea of the work & its items.
A Bill of Quantities can be used to Evaluate & Compare
BOQ gives components that will be used in the project, and they can be evaluated thoroughly. Tender projects can be used to compare the contractors based on each item.
Bill of Quantities can help in Identifying the Problems Beforehand
If we know the scope of the work with details of each item, thus we’ll be able to identify the problems that are going to hit the project in the future & will be ready to tackle them in advance.
Bill of Quantities helps in Planning the Project.
Planning is the core of every project. BOQ plays a very crucial role in the planning of a project. As the components with their quantities are listed, thus half of the work of the planner is already done. The planning engineer will allocate the resources with their duration, and the planning sheet will be ready.
Bill of Quantities Acts as a Tool for Managing Time
Bill of Quantities will Reduce the Cost of Construction
Time and cost in a construction project are directly related the each other. If we are finishing the work within the time frame automatically, we will be successful in saving the cost.
BOQ Helps in Better Management of Project
Bill of Quantities Provide Transparency
In BOQ, every item/component with its quantities is mentioned; hence everything automatically becomes transparent. There are no chances of corrupt practices.
Example Bills of Quantities Download
Click the below links to download example Bills of Quantities prepared by the HPD Team.
Purpose of Bill of Quantities / Importance
- It offers fundamental suggestions for the assignment by providing the aggregates to contractors.
- Bill of Quantities can help the homeowner to compare the rate quoted by different contractors.
- It describes the amount of the job as per the sketches and designs of the project.
- It offers a probable or predictable agreement amount that is extremely significant to the client.
- Provide a basis for the valuation of interim payments or payment plans.
- The Bill of Quantities also gives the scope of works to be undertaken, giving both parties clear borders of their responsibilities in a project.
- Is a document that the client’s/employer’s or Project Engineer will use to value the progress of work on site