What Is Epoxy Floor Coating? & Advantages of Epoxy Floor Coating
What Is Epoxy Floor Coating?
Epoxy refers to a combination of resins and hardeners which cause a chemical reaction when they are mixed together. The reaction results in a rigid plastic material formed of tightly-linked cross-polymer structures. This material bonds well to most base layers and creates a durable and highly resistant floor surface.
Epoxy floor coating is applied as a liquid to concrete floor surfaces and then hardens to form a smooth, hard-wearing floor. The porous nature of concrete means that a bond is formed between the base layer and the epoxy coating, creating a strong and seamless surface.
But the coating must be applied by an epoxy expert . Only experienced professionals can ensure that the original surface is suitable and that the correct type of epoxy coating is used.
Here is why industries and factory owners should choose to invest in epoxy floor coatings:
Related :Factory Epoxy Flooring Solutions
- Resists damage from caustic chemicals
- Bonds with your existing concrete floor
- Withstands extreme cold and heat
- Reduces slip and fall accidents
- Easy to clean and sanitize, even with pressure washing
- Customizable appearance with safety striping
- Withstands heavy loads and friction
If you are considering epoxy floors, speak to a specialist today.